This role is for the F&B outlets inside the MOXY South Beach. Steps from the sand on Washington Ave., the stylish and playful Moxy South Beach celebrates Miami’s cosmopolitan culture, with the dining, drinking, and co-working options modern travelers crave. Check into one of 202 sun-drenched guestrooms, catch some rays at the 2 pools and nearby Moxy Beach Club, and explore the many indoor-outdoor spaces. Six dining & drinking venues from Miami’s uber-popular Coyo Taco Group include Marisquería Como Como, a seafood restaurant & raw bar, open-air rooftop restaurant Serena, sexy mezcal lounge Mezcalista, and rooftop bar The Upside.
Under the operation and partnership of 305 Concepts, the owners and founders of COYO TACO and 1-800-Lucky , we are looking for an entrepreneurial, collaborative high energy individual to come help us run our outlets.
What will you be doing?
As a Food and Beverage Manager, you will assist the General Manager to ensure that day to day business operations run smoothly. You will assist the General Manager with training, recruiting, promotions and planning. The Restaurant Manager should be experienced in a supervisory role, and be able to confidently deliver performance feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate business objectives. Also, must be able to competently perform duties in the absence of the General Manager.
What’s in it for you?
- On the job training
- Generous employee discount
- Medical, Dental, and vision insurances
- Opportunities for advancement; we are growing!
- Competitive compensation
- ...and an amazing work environment
- Cooperate with the General Manager and assist with tasks ranging from project planning to staff management.
- Ensure company culture is promoted with all staff members while maintaining a high level of departmental morale.
- Assist team in running all aspects of the day to day operation of the outlet
- Address any issues in a timely fashion.
- Supervise staff and control costs.
Ensure full compliance with company and local policies and procedures
- Accurately complete all reports in a timely manner.
- Assist in overseeing recruiting, hiring, training and development of the team
- Supervise all direct report positions.
Team Member Relations
Create and nurture an environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Lead the team in delivering an enriching experience at the restaurant.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the team members in the restaurant
- Plan and administer a training program within the restaurant that will develop team members at all levels.
- Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with team member concerns.
- Be readily available and approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good observation skills.
- Computer literate and basic Math skills.
- An ability to identify weaknesses and provide coaching where necessary.
- 2-3 years of direct management experience in food and beverage industry.
- You need to be able to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location.
- You must be able to stand for extended periods of time and push/pull/lift 35+ pound.
- Must have or be able to take a food safety class, for responsible food handling practices.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the Director of F&B.
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.