Opportunity: Paralegal (Contracts/Licensing)
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading hotel investment, management and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to over 140 hotels across the United States, which includes world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent and boutique hotels.
HHM is seeking a paralegal to join its growing legal department headquartered in Philadelphia. In this role, you will be an integral member of the legal team, supporting all operational matters of HHM with a focus on service contract management, liquor licensing, and operational licensing and permitting. The successful candidate will, with the assistance of Legal Counsel, establish and oversee standardized procedures and workflows relating to contract and licensing management.
Potential Career Path: Senior Paralegal – Managing Paralegal
Essential Job Functions:
- Draft, review, and negotiate service contracts with minimal guidance from attorneys
- Oversee and coordinate the timely application and renewal of operational licenses and permits, including liquor licenses for HHM’s portfolio of hotels
- Research state or local liquor and operational licensing requirements
- Oversee and develop relationships with outside liquor counsel
- Assist in drafting and reviewing legal documents when requested
- Form and maintain relationships with vendors, clients and service providers
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years’ experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate environment (corporate or real estate experience preferred)
- Ability and desire to oversee processes and take ownership of work product
- Notary public certification is a plus
- Transactional experience preferred
- Familiarity with contract management software is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Work Environment and Context: Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It