Posted March 11, 2017
Prepare and servicebars operating within the hotel in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Food Runner –Server–Bartender
Essential Job Functions
- Greet and acknowledge guests when performing barback related functions.
- Retrieve orders from storeroom; visually check stock received against written requisition with storeroom personnel to ensure order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-check items with bartender for completeness.
- Cut, slice and peel perishable garnishes and fruits, and mix and pour juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business. Store back-up supplies needing refrigeration in prescribed containers for later
- Check and assist bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc., for both the
immediate bar and extended service area.
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- Scoop ice from ice bins, transport to service areas and replenish ice containers for usage.
- Box and save empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for later returns and requisitions.
- Transport and replace taps and perform routine maintenance requirements for beer kegs.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Customer service experience or restaurant experience a plus.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shfits.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
The Envoy Hotel
136 Room Hotel
At Last. A Visionary Hotel For Boston’s Innovation District To Call Its Own.
Boston Innovation District Hotel
With its fusion of bold originality and hospitality, The Envoy Hotel looks forward to the new frontier. Part homage to the inspired community that surrounds it, part ode to the Innovation District it calls home, The Envoy Hotel ascends—136 rooms and suites offering a modern, design-forward aesthetic and a comfortable, easy-going vibe. Cast in a fresh and independent way, yet completely in-step to the rhythm of the city, The Envoy Hotel hails visitors and locals who crave an authentic connection to the pulse of Boston. Here, welcoming, in-the-know hospitality, handcrafted experiences and smart food and drink are served with a local perspective—all surrounded by a waterfront vantage point to envy. For work or play, to gather and connect, there’s a new port of call. Its name is The Envoy Hotel.