Posted March 11, 2017
Host or Hostess
Greet and escort guests to restaurant tables in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Food Server or Guest Service Agent – Restaurant Supervisor or Front Office Supervisor
Essential Job Functions
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, escort to dining table and present menu.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
- Assist as needed or requested with service.
- Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent .
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and willinclude working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 30 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
The Envoy Hotel
136 Room Hotel
At Last. A Visionary Hotel For Boston’s Innovation District To Call Its Own.
Boston Innovation District Hotel
With its fusion of bold originality and hospitality, The Envoy Hotel looks forward to the new frontier. Part homage to the inspired community that surrounds it, part ode to the Innovation District it calls home, The Envoy Hotel ascends—136 rooms and suites offering a modern, design-forward aesthetic and a comfortable, easy-going vibe. Cast in a fresh and independent way, yet completely in-step to the rhythm of the city, The Envoy Hotel hails visitors and locals who crave an authentic connection to the pulse of Boston. Here, welcoming, in-the-know hospitality, handcrafted experiences and smart food and drink are served with a local perspective—all surrounded by a waterfront vantage point to envy. For work or play, to gather and connect, there’s a new port of call. Its name is The Envoy Hotel.