939 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Telephone (213) 627-8971
Current Job Openings
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Manager
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- Bell Person
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Housekeeping Coordinator
- Housekeeping Inspector
- Housekeeping Manager
- Manager on Duty
- Phone Operator
- Public Area Attendant- Overnight Shift
- Room Attendant
- Security Manager
- Security Officer
Posted March 23, 2017
Verify, obtain approvals and pay invoices; bill and collect outstanding revenue in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
Potential Career Path
Staff Accountant/Guest Service Agent – Regional Accountant – Controller
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare cash discrepancy reports.
- Retrieve and process deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain house bank and conduct transactions according to established processes and policies.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks and conduct audits as needed.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements.
- Assist with credit-related activities, including processing of credit applications.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous accounting experience or equivalent training required.
- Proficient in using Excel.
- Knowledge of PMS/accounting systems preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
268 Room Hotel
Welcome. It’s not just a word. It’s our entire philosophy.
At Hotel Figueroa we believe in hospitality as an art form to be practiced and performed at every opportunity.
Hotel Figueroa was restored to its 1920's Spanish Colonial splendor in 2016. There are 268 room and suites, all designed with comfortable elegance and in-room technology in mind for today's modern traveler. With two destination restaurants by four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, four bars by recognized industry leader and pioneer in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, a grand and expansive lobby, and breathtaking pool area, Hotel Figueroa stands at the center of Downtown LA's vibrant arts scene, attracting locals, foodies, artists, and all manner of creatives as well as the discerning traveler. At the heart of DTLA’s thriving culinary and cultural renaissance, Hotel Figueroa is located across the street from LA Live, the Staples Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center, and is in close proximity to the Los Angeles Performing Arts Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) and the Broad museum.