939 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Telephone (213) 627-8971
Current Job Openings
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Manager
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- Bell Person
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Housekeeping Coordinator
- Housekeeping Inspector
- Housekeeping Manager
- Manager on Duty
- Phone Operator
- Public Area Attendant- Overnight Shift
- Room Attendant
- Security Manager
- Security Officer
Posted March 23, 2017
Perform preventative and repair maintenance work to ensure hotel is maintained according to established quality and sustainability standards while treating guests in a warm and friendly manner.
Potential Career Path
Chief Engineer – Engineering Supervisor – Chief Engineer – Area Chief Engineer
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures, replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
- Repair furniture.
- Install, replace and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Work as a bell attendant in the event of staffing shortages or during peak check in/out periods.
- Follow Service Recovery Guidelines.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipmentand comply with MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma and Trade school course work in
related field preferred.
- Previous engineer/maintenance experience or equivalent training required.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling and climbing.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
268 Room Hotel
Welcome. It’s not just a word. It’s our entire philosophy.
At Hotel Figueroa we believe in hospitality as an art form to be practiced and performed at every opportunity.
Hotel Figueroa was restored to its 1920's Spanish Colonial splendor in 2016. There are 268 room and suites, all designed with comfortable elegance and in-room technology in mind for today's modern traveler. With two destination restaurants by four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, four bars by recognized industry leader and pioneer in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, a grand and expansive lobby, and breathtaking pool area, Hotel Figueroa stands at the center of Downtown LA's vibrant arts scene, attracting locals, foodies, artists, and all manner of creatives as well as the discerning traveler. At the heart of DTLA’s thriving culinary and cultural renaissance, Hotel Figueroa is located across the street from LA Live, the Staples Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center, and is in close proximity to the Los Angeles Performing Arts Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) and the Broad museum.