939 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Telephone (213) 627-8971
Posted June 26, 2017
Respond to telephone, email, internet inquiries, and employ sales techniques in order to secure and process reservations for guest accommodations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Reservations Manager – Front Office Supervisor – Front Office Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Answer the telephone and greet prospective guests in a friendly manner. Respond tocallers’ inquiries and requests.
- Respond to email and internet inquiries promptly and accurately.
- Provide accurate information regarding availability, accommodation types, transportation to and from hotel, room rates, and hotel amenities.
- Assign reservations based on guest preferences and availability; provide confirmation number.
- Input and retrieve data using thecomputer reservation system utilizing codes for efficiency.
- Answer questions regarding hotel facilities and services, airline partnerships, local attractions, directions, etc.
- Communicate applicable deposit and guarantee policies as requested.
- Handle complaints in a tactful manner and negotiate resolutions such as alternative accommodations when hotel is sold out.
- Promote Hersha Hospitality and brand-specific marketing programs.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
268 Room Hotel
Welcome. It’s not just a word. It’s our entire philosophy.
At Hotel Figueroa we believe in hospitality as an art form to be practiced and performed at every opportunity.
Hotel Figueroa was restored to its 1920's Spanish Colonial splendor in 2016. There are 268 room and suites, all designed with comfortable elegance and in-room technology in mind for today's modern traveler. With two destination restaurants by four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, four bars by recognized industry leader and pioneer in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, a grand and expansive lobby, and breathtaking pool area, Hotel Figueroa stands at the center of Downtown LA's vibrant arts scene, attracting locals, foodies, artists, and all manner of creatives as well as the discerning traveler. At the heart of DTLA’s thriving culinary and cultural renaissance, Hotel Figueroa is located across the street from LA Live, the Staples Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center, and is in close proximity to the Los Angeles Performing Arts Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) and the Broad museum.