Serve food and/or beverage to guests in a courteous and friendly manner andin accordance with established brand/hotel guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Banquet Server/Captain; Restaurant Supervisor – Restaurant Manager – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Set up necessary supplies, food, and beverage at the beginning of the shift and maintain a stocked work area at all times.
- Take orders from customers, input orders, obtain payment and provide change.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Prepare food, coffee and other beverages, including alcohol, when necessary.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food, when necessary.
- Perform other food and beverage functions such as bartending and bussing in the event of staff staffing shortages or peak periods.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank in accordance with established policies.
- Clean all equipment and areas, locking equipment doors, etc.
- Abide by state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food and beverage experience or equivalent training required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.