70 Sleeper Street
Boston, MA 02210
Telephone (617) 338-3030
Posted September 25, 2017
Opportunity: Accounting Clerk
Verify, obtain approvals and process invoices; work with chargebacks; assist with cash handling
Potential Career Path
Staff Accountant/Guest Service Agent – Regional Accountant – Controller
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare cash discrepancy reports.
- Process invoices in accordance with related policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate payments to vendors.
- Handle valid vendor inquiries timely and completely to ensure a high level of customer service to external customers.
- Research internal inquiries in an appropriate and professional manner to provide a high level of customer service to internal customers.
- Process Chargebacks
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma required.
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred.
- Proficient in using Excel.
- Knowledge of PMS/accounting systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Birchstreet preferred
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
The Envoy Hotel
136 Room Hotel
At Last. A Visionary Hotel For Boston’s Innovation District To Call Its Own.
Boston Innovation District Hotel
With its fusion of bold originality and hospitality, The Envoy Hotel looks forward to the new frontier. Part homage to the inspired community that surrounds it, part ode to the Innovation District it calls home, The Envoy Hotel ascends—136 rooms and suites offering a modern, design-forward aesthetic and a comfortable, easy-going vibe. Cast in a fresh and independent way, yet completely in-step to the rhythm of the city, The Envoy Hotel hails visitors and locals who crave an authentic connection to the pulse of Boston. Here, welcoming, in-the-know hospitality, handcrafted experiences and smart food and drink are served with a local perspective—all surrounded by a waterfront vantage point to envy. For work or play, to gather and connect, there’s a new port of call. Its name is The Envoy Hotel.