70 Sleeper Street
Boston, MA 02210
Telephone (617) 338-3030
Posted August 20, 2017
Room Service Server
Opportunity: Room Service Server
Set up, deliver, and retrievefood and beverage orders to/from guest rooms and hospitality suites in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Server – Room Service Supervisor – Room Service Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Set up and deliver food and beverage orders.
- Conduct floor sweeps and retrieve food and beverage trays.
- Set up and deliver VIP amenities.
- Service hospitality suites in accordance with banquet event orders and established policies and procedure.
- Abide by state, federal and corporate liquor requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Complete shift side work as outlined in the hotel’s operating policies and procedures.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales.
- Report all communication to immediate shift supervisor.
- Perform cash handling responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
The Envoy Hotel
136 Room Hotel
At Last. A Visionary Hotel For Boston’s Innovation District To Call Its Own.
Boston Innovation District Hotel
With its fusion of bold originality and hospitality, The Envoy Hotel looks forward to the new frontier. Part homage to the inspired community that surrounds it, part ode to the Innovation District it calls home, The Envoy Hotel ascends—136 rooms and suites offering a modern, design-forward aesthetic and a comfortable, easy-going vibe. Cast in a fresh and independent way, yet completely in-step to the rhythm of the city, The Envoy Hotel hails visitors and locals who crave an authentic connection to the pulse of Boston. Here, welcoming, in-the-know hospitality, handcrafted experiences and smart food and drink are served with a local perspective—all surrounded by a waterfront vantage point to envy. For work or play, to gather and connect, there’s a new port of call. Its name is The Envoy Hotel.