Posted March 9, 2017
Prepare food items according to recipes and standards, taking pride in the excellence and quality of cuisine, while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
Potential Career Path
Lead Cook – Sous Chef – Executive Chef – Food and Beverage Director
Essential Job Functions
- Follow recipes to prepare food items accordingly.
- Wash, peel, and cut fruits and vegetables; cut, trim, or clean meat.
- Prepare appetizers, salads, or cold dishes.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Bake breads, rolls, or other baked goods.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food for pick up by server or deliver to guests.
- Maintain clean and sanitized work areas such as cutting boards, counters and work spaces.
- Secure and store food items properly.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- Follow guidelines related to sustainability practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety equipment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous culinary experience or equivalent training required.
- Department of Health Sanitation certificate may be required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
The Envoy Hotel
136 Room Hotel
At Last. A Visionary Hotel For Boston’s Innovation District To Call Its Own.
Boston Innovation District Hotel
With its fusion of bold originality and hospitality, The Envoy Hotel looks forward to the new frontier. Part homage to the inspired community that surrounds it, part ode to the Innovation District it calls home, The Envoy Hotel ascends—136 rooms and suites offering a modern, design-forward aesthetic and a comfortable, easy-going vibe. Cast in a fresh and independent way, yet completely in-step to the rhythm of the city, The Envoy Hotel hails visitors and locals who crave an authentic connection to the pulse of Boston. Here, welcoming, in-the-know hospitality, handcrafted experiences and smart food and drink are served with a local perspective—all surrounded by a waterfront vantage point to envy. For work or play, to gather and connect, there’s a new port of call. Its name is The Envoy Hotel.