939 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Telephone (213) 627-8971
Current Job Openings
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Manager
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- Bell Person
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Housekeeping Coordinator
- Housekeeping Inspector
- Housekeeping Manager
- Manager on Duty
- Phone Operator
- Public Area Attendant- Overnight Shift
- Room Attendant
- Security Manager
- Security Officer
Posted March 23, 2017
Coordinate uniforms, alterations or tailoring and assist in coordinating hotel rooms to ensure supplies and amenities are fully stocked, and room is up to HHM and brand standards for cleanliness and maintenance.
Potential Career Path
Housekeeping Inspector - Housekeeping Supervisor – Assistant Executive Housekeeper – Executive Housekeeper
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate uniforms, alterations or tailoring.
- Answer phones with any guest requests and be able to articulate and execute needs.
- Assist in coordinating staffing tasks when covering for managers.
- Perform minor alterations and familiarity in the operation of all commercial sewing equipment with professional alteration skills and results.
- Sort, count, and pre-treat soiled linen in preparation for laundering.
- Load and unload washers and dryers.
- Maintain equipment as trained.
- Fold, store and distribute towels and linens.
- Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety equipment.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
Work Environment and Context .
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends or alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, pulling bending, kneeling, lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, kneeling and bending.
- Operate heavy machinery and use cleaning chemicals.
Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM) is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
Join the Legacy of Strength!
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
Serve. Stretch. Succeed.
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.
268 Room Hotel
Welcome. It’s not just a word. It’s our entire philosophy.
At Hotel Figueroa we believe in hospitality as an art form to be practiced and performed at every opportunity.
Hotel Figueroa was restored to its 1920's Spanish Colonial splendor in 2016. There are 268 room and suites, all designed with comfortable elegance and in-room technology in mind for today's modern traveler. With two destination restaurants by four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, four bars by recognized industry leader and pioneer in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, a grand and expansive lobby, and breathtaking pool area, Hotel Figueroa stands at the center of Downtown LA's vibrant arts scene, attracting locals, foodies, artists, and all manner of creatives as well as the discerning traveler. At the heart of DTLA’s thriving culinary and cultural renaissance, Hotel Figueroa is located across the street from LA Live, the Staples Center and the Los Angeles Convention Center, and is in close proximity to the Los Angeles Performing Arts Center, the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) and the Broad museum.